In addition to the grievance officer, AAUP-UC Bargaining Unit members can contact the AAUP-UC Hearing Committee with issues or questions related to academic freedom or due process as explained below. For full details, see section 7.2 of the Utica College – AAUP-UC CBA.
The AAUP-UC Hearing Committee shall, upon written request of the affected bargaining unit member, review any case in which
- such member alleges a violation of academic freedom regarding such member
- such member alleges that the procedures for renewal or non-renewal of appointment, tenure, or promotion employed by the FAC, the Provost or the President of the College were inconsistent with the provisions of the Utica College – AAUP-UC CBA
- such member alleges that the procedures for recommendation of sabbaticals by the FRC were inconsistent with the provisions of the Utica College – AAUP-UC CBA
- such member, if tenured or having continuous appointment, wishes to appeal his or her dismissal for adequate cause as provided in section 11.1 of the Utica College – AAUP-UC CBA
In the case of alleged procedural inconsistencies as provided in clauses 2 or 3, the Hearing Committee shall not consider the merits of the matter but shall consider only whether or not there was a violation of procedure.
The members of the Hearing Committee and their contact information is listed below:
AAUP-UC Hearing Committee Members
- Arlene Lundquist (Chair), Professor of Psychology
- Kirstin Impicciatore, Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Recreation
- Dan Kurtz, Associate Professor of Biology
- Tom Rossi, Associate Professor of Management
- Laurence Zoeckler, Associate Professor of Education